Understanding Smart Grid
Smart Grid is a communications infrastructure that will detect outages and errors, allowing OPS to have the fastest possible response time to restore your service.
Smart Grid will enable OPS to view and manage grid performance, diagnose and resolve problems, as well as automate many operational processes resulting in improved customer service.
Smart Grid can create a self-healing grid and reduce your outage time.
Smart Grid will allow customers to receive real time data, allowing them to monitor and manage their home energy usage and lower monthly bills.
Our number one goal is to keep your lights on!
We’re here to help!
We here at OPS strive to exceed your every expectation. We are always looking for better ways to provide the best possible electric service for the most affordable price.
Miles of power lines through Opelika
The City of Opelika and the Opelika Power Services Department are pleased to offer you Energy Depot®, a set of online tools and resources to help you better understand and manage your home energy use and costs. Energy Depot is your one-stop resource for energy information and it’s free.
You can use Energy Depot to:
- Receive a personalized energy profile with an estimate of your energy costs for each home energy system/appliance
- Learn specific things you can do to reduce energy use and how much you can save
- Complete a do-it-yourself home energy audit and receive your report online
- Quickly estimate the annual energy use and cost of home energy systems and appliances with the Energy Calculator
- Use the Energy Library to answer your energy questions
- Get answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding home energy use
Providing Full Service Solutions
Opelika Power Services is now one of the top data providers in the country with the new fiber optic network. Combined with the proven history of great power services, Opelika is a great place to live and work.
Explore our new services and see how Fiber can make your life more enjoyable.